Chef #244387's Note:
I modified this recipe off of the back of skinner pasta package. Theirs called for boiled eggs and not peas, but that just sounded weird to me. Although afterwards, I didn't really like the peas in the mixture. It also says to add 1/4 c extra mayo/miracle whip right before you serve it, but I don't know if that is necessary. I used both mayo and miracle whip because I ran out of mayo, but can be used with one or the other. This is a rather bland recipe, so you can always spice it up one way or another.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook shells according to package directions with oil and salt; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water to cool quickly. I rinsed twice and returned to cooled pasta pot.
- 3In a large bowl combine mayo/miracle whip, cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper.
- 4Stir mixture into pot. I transfered some of the pasta back to the bowl to mix, makinh sure I had soaked up all of the mixture.
- 5Add crumbled bacon and drained peas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Carbonara Salad
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 1108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g