Recipe by mejeffrey
I modified this recipe off of the back of skinner pasta package. Theirs called for boiled eggs and not peas, but that just sounded weird to me. Although afterwards, I didn't really like the peas in the mixture. It also says to add 1/4 c extra mayo/miracle whip right before you serve it, but I don't know if that is necessary. I used both mayo and miracle whip because I ran out of mayo, but can be used with one or the other. This is a rather bland recipe, so you can always spice it up one way or another.
Top Review by evewitch
Sorry, but we really didn't like this. I had several complaints about it being "grainy." I also agree that it was a bit bland (yes, I know I was warned). I used the boiled eggs because the egg-and-bacon combination is traditional to carbonara - not weird at all (plus, DH doesn't like peas).
- 24 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 2⁄3 cups mayonnaise or 1 2⁄3 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pieces bacon (crumbled)
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas or 4 chopped hardboiled egg
- 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells according to package directions with oil and salt; drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly. I rinsed twice and returned to cooled pasta pot.
- In a large bowl combine mayo/miracle whip, cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir mixture into pot. I transfered some of the pasta back to the bowl to mix, makinh sure I had soaked up all of the mixture.
- Add crumbled bacon and drained peas.