Recipe by lolablitz
Inspired by the amazing Pioneer Woman's recipe. I'm posting so I can make this again and again. I made it with spaghetti tonight but I think I'll try the mini lasagna- like noodles next time. Or something flat and long and wide. In the original recipe she uses heavy cream, less peas, regular onion, less bacon. This is the way I like it.
- 12 ounces pasta, Any Variety
- 10 pieces bacon (diced Small)
- 1 small vidalia onion, Diced Small
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 3 whole eggs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- salt & plenty black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the frozen peas in 2 minutes before the pasta is done cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour off most of the bacon grease, leaving a tablespoon to cook the onions inches
- Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and throw in the onions and cook until very soft. Then add the garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan, half and half, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta and peas are done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and peas but do not rinse, then place them back into the pan you cooked it inches
- While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency.
- Add the peas, bacon, and sauteed onion/garlic.
- Add more pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan.