- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 slices rindless bacon, sliced (ham may be used in place of bacon or use half and half)
- 250 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 300 ml cream or 300 ml light cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- pepper, to taste
- 250 g pasta, of choice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add bacon. Cook until beginning to brown. Stir in mushrooms. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Blend in wine and cream. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Simmer until beginning to thicken.
- Blend in egg and pepper. Stirring constantly, simmer for 30 seconds.
- Toss pasta through sauce.
- Serve topped with a little parmesan cheese. Salad and crusty bread make ideal accompaniments.