Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
You will absolutely love this creamy and cheesy recipe. Serve it with a side salad and rolls to make a complete meal.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pasta, mostaccioli, uncooked
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 -8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions.
This is so good and quick to make! Made as written, just decreased the amount of mushrooms but did use all the ingredients the recipe called for. Was a great side dish to our baked-bredcrumb chicken. Going into my Best of cookbook. Made for Photo Tag.