Recipe by chia
This is what we make when we're in a hurry, served with a salad. Not exactly for the dieters, but it does satisfy. 8/24/07, my baby is leaving for college tomorrow and has requested this as her "last" meal. She usually hates pasta, but she loves this dish.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb perciatelli
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta or 1⁄2 lb bacon
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water in spaghetti pot to boil, then add pasta.
- In large bowl mix raw eggs with cheese, add pepper.
- Brown pancetta in a pan, cut into pieces.
- Melt butter (I use the microwave for the last 2 steps).
- Drain pasta and pour into egg mixture.
- The heat will cook the sauce.
- Add pancetta, butter, and mix.
- Serve with additional grated cheese and pepper.