Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what we make when we're in a hurry, served with a salad. Not exactly for the dieters, but it does satisfy. 8/24/07, my baby is leaving for college tomorrow and has requested this as her "last" meal. She usually hates pasta, but she loves this dish.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb perciatelli
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta or 1⁄2 lb bacon
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Bring water in spaghetti pot to boil, then add pasta.
- In large bowl mix raw eggs with cheese, add pepper.
- Brown pancetta in a pan, cut into pieces.
- Melt butter (I use the microwave for the last 2 steps).
- Drain pasta and pour into egg mixture.
- The heat will cook the sauce.
- Add pancetta, butter, and mix.
- Serve with additional grated cheese and pepper.
I made this for my husband who is super picky and he enjoyed it. Be prepared, it makes alot!
Great easy satisfying and super quick recipe.Whole family loved it.Making it again tonight and adding some sun-dried tomatoes as well just to try.Will make this often.
Excellent - served this with stuffed artichokes and garlic bread....have to admit this was the best part.