1/1 Photo of Pasta Carbonara
Very, very easy and quick to make, and I think it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 g pasta (preferably tagliatelle as it has a large surface area, but any pasta or even egg noodles will suffic)
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g butter
- 1 dash oil (preferably olive oil)
- 3/4 cup chopped bacon
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh field, button or shiitake)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (Parmesan or Romano, but optional)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1Put water in a pot to 5cm, add a pinch of salt, bring the water to the boil, then put in the pasta. It should take a minute for the pasta to sink into the water. Then put the lid on (as it will cook a bit faster with the lid on). It should cook for 10 to 15 minutes. While it is cooking --.
- 2Chop the bacon, slice the mushrooms and crush & slice the garlic. Separate the egg white and egg yellow (egg yolk). The egg white is not needed, so can be thrown away.
- 3Put the butter and oil in a frying pan, heat until the butter bubbles. Then put in the mushrooms and bacon. Cook & stir for about two minutes, then put the garlic in, and cook & stir for about another two minutes. (Garlic should not be cooked for more than five minutes - it should not turn brown, or it changes taste and becomes bitter & can spoil the taste of the dish).
- 4Put the fresh cream in the frying pan, and stir with the bacon, mushrooms and garlic for only about 10 seconds. Immediately turn the heat off, add the egg yolk, and immediately stir that in as well. The heat of the cream mixture should cook the egg yolk. Put a good pinch of cracked pepper and either a small pinch of salt or about two heaped teaspoons of finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- 5Check the pasta is to your liking (take a nibble of a bit), then drain the water and put the pasta straight into the frying pan with the cream, bacon, mushroom mixture. Stir it into the mixture until the pasta is completely covered. Serve, maybe with a small side salad – crisp lettuce and sweet tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2191.0
- Calories from Fat 1962
- Total Fat 218.1 g
- Saturated Fat 120.7 g
- Cholesterol 808.5 mg
- Sodium 1749.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.4 g