Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple, tasty pasta. Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls, This serves 3 as their main dinner dish
- 113.39 g lean bacon, chopped,fried crisp,set aside
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 350 g fresh linguine
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain.
- Meanwhile cook the eggs pancake style, when firm chop eggs into 1/4" pieces Toss the pasta with the melted butter, bacon bits, nutmeg, eggs& green onions sprinkle with the cheese& serve.
Bergy, Thank You! This was so delicious an so easy to make! My whole family loved it. I doubled the recipe for 6 servings and there was no left overs. Everyone had two helpings ; )
This was so good,I to didnt add nutmeg(dont like it) & added a little cream to it, I dont usually keep leftover pasta, but i heated this up the next day for lunch & it was even better. Plus my boys ate it & to me thats a keeper. thanks for sharing.
This was easy and delicious! I left out nutmeg as I'm not a big nutmeg fan and used spaghetti rather than linguine. I really liked the use of green onions rather than peas in carbonara. Yum!