Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Full Fat version of this recipe. Don't try to skimp on these ingredients. It just won't come out the same.
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain quickly and place back into pot. Immediately stir in the egg and let stand.
- Slice bacon into small cubes and cook until almost crispy. Don't drain bacon fat.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Warm milk in microwave and add to butter/bacon mixture.
- Add vinegar and stir until curdled mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth.
- Pour thickened mixture over pasta in pot.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This is so rich that we don't have it often but this was worth it. I had a slight problem because it turned out somewhat drier than I would have liked so next time I will use less spaghetti noodles. Must admit that I was a bit nervous using white wine vinegar, but two tablespoons is about right. It took a lot more than five minutes preparation time because you are working at the stove the whole time. Thanks for sharing Bippie.