Recipe by CIndytc
Got this from Taste of Home Pasta Collection.Tried it and loved it..I liked it because it was so easy and not so rich.I used reduced fat cream cheese and fat free milk and it was still good.
Top Review by Mommy of 3 Gingers
Great, easy, tasty recipe!!! Simple to make and quick for a week night. My kids ate it with gusto!! Most recipes ask for cream and eggs, but these are things I usually have in my house. I will be making this more in the future.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels, reserve 3 Tablespoons drippings,
- Saute garlic and onion in drippings until tender.
- Add the milk, cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon; heat through.
- Toss with pasta.