Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from Taste of Home Pasta Collection.Tried it and loved it..I liked it because it was so easy and not so rich.I used reduced fat cream cheese and fat free milk and it was still good.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels, reserve 3 Tablespoons drippings,
- Saute garlic and onion in drippings until tender.
- Add the milk, cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon; heat through.
- Toss with pasta.
Great, easy, tasty recipe!!! Simple to make and quick for a week night. My kids ate it with gusto!! Most recipes ask for cream and eggs, but these are things I usually have in my house. I will be making this more in the future.
I can't believe i forgot to review this recipe...ooops.I made it for the first time about 2 years ago.I have made it at least monthly,sometimes more often,since then.My whole family loves it.My 6 year old actually told me yesterday that everything I make is yucky except carbonara! I have to save some of this for one of my friends every time I make it because she likes it so much. If you havent tried this recipe,I urge you to.It is so easy to make but really tastes like qourmet meal. I am sure I will making this for many years to come.
A+++ this is a great recipe and very easy to do.... i added mushrooms and peas to it the second time i made it and it was even better... this is definitely going to be a regular staple in my recipe files