Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not a low cal choice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (6-8 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 ounce pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb spaghetti
- table salt
- black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. While water is heating, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook stirring occasionally until crisp. Add wine and simmer until alcohol has cooked off and wine is slightly reduced. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. Beat eggs, cheeses and garlic in a bowl, set aside.
- When water comes to a boil, add pasta and 1 tbs salt. Stir pasta to separate. Cook until al dente reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and transfer to a warm serving bowl. If pasta is dry add some of the cooking water. Immediately add egg mixture over hot pasta, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss well to combine. Pour bacon mixture over pasta, season generously with black pepper, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
I made this the other night and EVERYTHING about it is delicious. No complaints! WOW...a do over recipe!