Recipe by swissms
For best results, use the freshest ingredients available. This recipe calls for less oil for a healthier pasta dish. Sometimes I drizzle lightly with balsamic vinager. Bon Appetit, May 1997
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1x1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, oil and vinegar in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature. Mix in basil.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Return pasta to pot. Add tomato mixture and toss gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper and serve.