Recipe by Hey Jude
I love caprese salad and so I was interested in this recipe that I found in an old copy of Mr. Food's Easy Cooking magazine. It's so easy and so good! Prep time includes marinading time.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package wagon wheel macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) package pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, red pepper and black pepper; add tomatoes and mozzarella and toss until well coated; let mixture marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain; place in a large bowl and add the tomato mixture; toss until well combined, allowing the cheese to melt slightly.
- Serve warm.