Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love caprese salad and so I was interested in this recipe that I found in an old copy of Mr. Food's Easy Cooking magazine. It's so easy and so good! Prep time includes marinading time.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package wagon wheel macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) package pasta, of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, red pepper and black pepper; add tomatoes and mozzarella and toss until well coated; let mixture marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain; place in a large bowl and add the tomato mixture; toss until well combined, allowing the cheese to melt slightly.
- Serve warm.
Loved the flavor but found it a little oily. I will try it with less olive oil next time. Great job!
We really enjoyed this recipe...served it with Chicken Pesto and it was perfect...I used the small Pearl morzerella and cherry tomatoes sliced...it was perfect.
This was a delicious meal! The flavors all blend together perfectly. If only it were more filling :-