Recipe by Kasha
Strange but good, cheap, easy and low fat, low calorie recipe. It always surprises people, but they always like it. I wrote this down years ago, from a magazine, I think.
Top Review by Malriah
This was yummy. The only changes that I made were to use fresh broccoli and whole milk. (I also used bottled sauce.) I really like the pasta cakes and I think they would be very good with many other types of sauces. Next time, I might sprinkle a little bit of parmesan or romano cheese on each one before putting them in the oven. Thanks for posting such a easy and yummy recipe!
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 lb angel hair pasta, broken in small pieces
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk but don't boil.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with Pam, divide broken angel hair pasta between the 12 muffin cups, add a 1/4 cup hot milk to each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated 400° oven.
- Take out of oven, let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove pasta cakes from cups and fry 1 minute each side in pan coated with Pam.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato sauce, herbs and spices and thawed broccoli, and heat to make a sauce.
- You could also use bottled sauce with no problem.
- Serve 3 pasta cakes with the sauce and broccoli.