Recipe by PetaBot
This is from the Woman's Weekly Pasta Cookbook. More filling than an ordinary caesar. I substituted cubed bacon for bacon rashers as they crunch up better and require less preparation. I also changed the recipe to a bottled caesar dressing (the original had a from scratch caesar dressing)
- 200 g jumbo pasta shells
- 2 slices bacon, rashers chopped finely
- 1 medium cos lettuce, torn
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped coarsely
- 2 small avocados, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- caesar salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered until just tender, drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in small frying pan, stirring, until browned and crisp, drain on absorbent paper.
- Place pasta and bacon in large bowl with lettuce, eggs and avocado.
- Pour over dressing.
- Sprinkle with cheese.