Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The American Diabetes Assn. Tip: If you don't cook cabbage very often, you might want to reconsider. Stir-frying cabbage with pasta and onions makes a great accompaniment to grilled or broiled meat. Also, don't forget all the health benefits of cabbage!
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion to pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add cabbage to pan and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until cabbage is softened and beginning to brown. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and toss with cabbage mixture; saute 3 more minutes.