Recipe by Chef Regina V. Smith
A quick, simple, colourful and delicious pasta. Save this recipe until you have beautiful ripe tomatoes and fresh basil from your garden. Use the best quality extra virgin olive oil that you can. (Sicilian olive oil is my favourite.) Serve this with crusty French bread, and a green salad with avocados. You need to let the sauce stand for at least 2 1/2 hours prior to serving in order to let the flavours develop. (Standing time is noted as cooking time)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed, cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine or 1 1⁄2 lbs tagliatelle pasta noodles
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything (except pasta, 1 tablespoon olive oil and Parmesan cheese) at least 2 1/2 hours ahead of time. At mealtime cook pasta in water and the remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta when done. Mix with the tomato/brie mixture. (The brie should melt).
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan before serving.