Recipe by slkendrick
I found this recipe on cooking.com several years ago and it has become one of my family's favorite (and I have a VERY PICKY family!). Not to mention, it is SUPER EASY and makes tons of leftovers!
Top Review by lara.bordick
This recipe was very easy and the flavor was excellent. My kids didn't really like the texture of the bacon since I followed the instructions for cooking it until it "renders some fat". Next time I will let it crisp a bit before continuing to step 3.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb sliced bacon (cut 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I use dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan, heat butter and bacon over moderately low heat.
- Cook until bacon renders some fat (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add onion and stir approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add broth, wine, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (25-30 minutes).
- Stir in cream and remove from heat.
- In the meantime -- cook spaghetti until almost done (12 minutes).
- Drain and toss with sauce and parsley.