Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was created by Lorna Bernard, a Research Writer for the California Dept. of Fish and Game. She submitted this recipe when we were putting together a cookbook.
- 1 dozen scallops
- 1 dozen whole clam
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- sweet basil
- 4 ounces cooked fettuccine
- Steam clams and scallops in white wine until clams open and scallops lose their translucense.
- Melt butter in skillet; saute garlic.
- Add cream; boil on medium-high for 3-5 minutes, until liquid is reduced slightly.
- Add cheese; season with salt, pepper, and sweet basil.
- Add pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Add clams and scallops.