Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh basil and thyme are really important in this soup, so be sure to use only fresh herbs.
Make and share this Pasta Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot margarine or butter till tender but not brown.
- Add vegetable, chicken, or beef broth- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta- Return to a boil.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or till pasta is al dente (tender but still firm).
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and garbanzo beans- Heat through.
- Just before serving, stir in fresh basil and thyme.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and, if desired, garnish with fresh basil.