Simple, quick baked pasta dish. You can make it ahead, store in the fridge, then just place in the oven when you are ready for dinner. Make sure you extend the baking time if you do this by about 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb pasta, shapes (doesn't matter what shape you use)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, peeled and sliced
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced (or canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 1/2 lb whole milk mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb provolone cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the zucchini and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini begin to brown; season with salt and peper.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Cook the pasta al dente.
- 6Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again, then toss with the zucchini.
- 7Add the olives, tomatoes and half the cheeses to the pasta.
- 8Toss well and pour into the baking dish.
- 9Spread the remaining mozzarella on top, reserving the rest of the parmesan for garnish.
- 10Bake the pasta until the cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through (about 15-20 minutes).
- 11Serve with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Baked With Olives, Vegetables and Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1243.8
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 2293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 63.9 g