Recipe by Sonya01
Hot salad. Also nice cold the next day if you have leftovers.
Top Review by msrico1
Excellent one dish meal. Used 2 cloves garlic and tsp red pepper flakes. The cheese I used was smoked gouda and added a bit of the pasta water which kept it moist. Great way to use ingredients you already have.
- 125 g reduced-fat bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 300 g penne pasta, cooked
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 90 g low fat tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ww caesar salad dressing
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large fry pan with cooking spray.
- Heat and add the bacon, garlic and shallots.
- Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- To the pan, add the pasta spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cheese and dressing.
- Serve garnished with the lemon wedges if desired.
- This is good for lunch cold as well if you have leftovers.