Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderfully easy Greek pasta that can be made in minutes! A perfect dish to serve to company!
Make and share this Pasta Athena recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb favorite pasta (I usually use linguini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb large peeled shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup cream (or half-n-half)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, drained
- 3 -4 large handfuls Baby Spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, boil salted water and cook the pasta as directed on the box. Meanwhile, heat a LARGE skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add oil and butter. Once melted, add the garlic and shrimp. *If you like a thick cream sauce, sprinkle the shrimp with 2 tsps. flour before adding them to the skillet.
- Cook about one minute, then add the wine and cream. Toss and cook another minute, then add olives and tomatoes. Cook another minute or two.
- Finally, mix in the strained pasta and spinach leaves. Remove from heat once the spinach wilts. Salt and Pepper to taste. (Season carefully, the olives and feta add a lot of salt!).
- Divide onto plates and top with feta cheese.
This is SOOOO good! I've made similar dishes, but this one puts everything together into one fabulous dish! I did substitute julienne strips of red pepper in place of the tomatoes - added when I sauteed the garlic. That was wonderful as well. This is sure to be a recipe I come back to again and again!