Recipe by Booshine
A wholesome and delicious filling salad which can be served as a main dish, or to accompany whatever you like. I imagine it would be good with fish. The salad's summery yet it fills you up.
- 225 g whole wheat pasta shells
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 350 g baby new potatoes
- 225 g fresh asparagus
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain well, and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and toss with the pasta.
- Trim asparagus and cut into one-inch lengths.
- Blanch in boiling salted water for 6 minutes until bright green and still crunchy.
- Plunge asparagus into cold water and allow to cool.
- Drain and dry.
- Toss asparagus in with potatoes and pasta, and season.
- Sprinkle parmesan generously over the top.