Recipe by Juju Bee
I adopted this recipe because it didn't have a chef "Mama" here on zaar. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I will let you know, and I will submit any changes I make. Go ahead and try it if you like! Looks good!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta or 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb trenette pasta noodles
- 3⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 12 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 6 medium idaho potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 lb fresh string bean
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (good quality)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cube (cut to 3/4-1 inch pieces).
- Boil potatoes in salted water till tender.
- Do not over-cook.
- Meanwhile, steam string beans till tender but still crisp and set aside with potatoes.
- In a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan, heat oil and add halved cloves of garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Saute till golden crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta noodles in salted water.
- Cook aldente (cooked just right).
- Drain, add potatoes, string beans and toss gently.
- Add butter to heated garlic and onion sauce to melt.
- Pour sauce over pasta mixture, add pepper, parmesan cheese and work through very gently.
- Serve this pasta dish with extra parmesan cheese and french bread.