Juju Bee's Note:
I adopted this recipe because it didn't have a chef "Mama" here on zaar. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I will let you know, and I will submit any changes I make. Go ahead and try it if you like! Looks good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta or 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb trenette pasta noodles
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 12 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 6 medium idaho potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup butter or 1/2-1 cup margarine
- 1 lb fresh string bean
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (good quality)
- 1Peel potatoes and cube (cut to 3/4-1 inch pieces).
- 2Boil potatoes in salted water till tender.
- 3Do not over-cook.
- 4Meanwhile, steam string beans till tender but still crisp and set aside with potatoes.
- 5In a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan, heat oil and add halved cloves of garlic and finely chopped onion.
- 6Saute till golden crisp.
- 7Meanwhile, cook pasta noodles in salted water.
- 8Cook aldente (cooked just right).
- 9Drain, add potatoes, string beans and toss gently.
- 10Add butter to heated garlic and onion sauce to melt.
- 11Pour sauce over pasta mixture, add pepper, parmesan cheese and work through very gently.
- 12Serve this pasta dish with extra parmesan cheese and french bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Asciutta
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.2
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 612.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g