1/1 Photo of Pasta and White Beans in Light Tomato Sauce
Chef Dudo's Note:
Good both summer and winter. Quick to make too. Half an hour before dinnertime? This will do the trick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained (white kidney beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pasta, your choice, freshly cooked
- 1Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- 5Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place freshly cooked pasta in bowl.
- 8Pour sauce over and toss thoroughly.
- 9Also nice with grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta and White Beans in Light Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 940.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g