Good both summer and winter. Quick to make too. Half an hour before dinnertime? This will do the trick.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained (white kidney beans)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pasta, your choice, freshly cooked
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place freshly cooked pasta in bowl.
- Pour sauce over and toss thoroughly.
- Also nice with grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.