Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a favorite brand name recipes book, its pretty good. Of course I added mushrooms, but you dont have to.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used 5)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.(if using mushrooms, add those to the oil).
- add beans, pasta, tomato sauce, italian seasoning, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Transfer to prepared casserole;sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.