Recipe by smellyvegetarian
A vegetarian (can be vegan) alfredo--woohoo! I haven't made this yet, so please review and let me know if you do!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Another one of those times when I had to get my DIL to bring me some silken tofu (not something I usually stock in my kitchen), & since the recipe was quickly & easily completed, that was no problem! We really enjoyed the combo of veggies here! Will be keeping this recipe around! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 3 cups light sour cream (or vegan substitute)
- 3 (12 1/3 ounce) packages silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (I would use a lot more, I think!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine sour cream, tofu, oil, and salt in blender. Process until smooth.
- Put veggies and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tofu mixture and stir to coat.
- Stir in pasta and heat through. Serve immediately.