Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Time Life Great Tastes Low Fat
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 summer squash or 1 zucchini, halved lenghtwise
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- After halving the squash lenghtwise cut into thin slices. The beans and carrots should be 1 inch long julienne strips.
- In large pot of boiling water cooking the garlic for 3 minutes to blanch. Save the water for the pasta. Remove garlic with slotted spoon, place in food processor and set aside.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water for 7 minutes. Add beans, carrots and cook until pasta is tender and beans and carrots are tender crisp. About 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl with the squash.
- Add basil, yogurt, cheese, mayo, walnuts and salt to garlic in food processor and puree until smooth. Pour dressing over pasta mix and toss to combine. Place on serving plates and serve.
- FYI: You can serve at room temp or chilled. The dressing can be made 2 days ahead and then mixed just before serving. You can use snow peas or sugar snaps for the green beans and fusilli or penne for the pasta. You can also choose to lightly saute the squash or you can simply julienne and serve.