- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, blanched or 1 package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken, cubed (can be left out for vegetarian)
- 1⁄2 cup pinole nuts (pine) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vermicelli as directed on box. Drain. Place in large bowl.
- Whisk well oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 of dressing on mushrooms, broccoli, peas, tomatoes or peppers. Stir and chill 3 hours in separate bowl.
- When ready to serve add chicken and nuts.