Recipe by Alesha
This recipe comes from the February edition of Good Taste magazine. Very easy to make and very tasty, although next time I might spice them up a little! Enjoy.
Top Review by peperment
I threw in some sliced bacon and took out the corn. This is not a high enough temperature or long enough cook time, I suggest 250-300 for 30 minutes until the tops get puffy and slightly brown.
- 120 g macaroni or 120 g other small shell pasta
- olive oil, to grease
- 250 g corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 80 g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 7 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush six 185ml (3/4 cup) non stick Texas muffin pans with oil to lightly grease. Combine the macaroni, corn, capsicum, carrot and cheddar in a large bowl. Spoon evenly among prepared pans.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a jug and pour over the macaroni mixture. Bake in oven for 20 - 23 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- These frittatas will keep for up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container and bring to room temerature before serving.