Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from my Canadian parenting board. A simple throw together meal.
Make and share this Pasta and Tomato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed chile
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spread 1/2 of pasta on the bottom of a 2L casserole dish, top with 1/2 of cheese.
- Mix seasonings into tomatoes and pour over pasta.
- Top with remaining pasta and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
My family enjoyed this simple-to-make casserole, the only changes I made was using a minced jalapeno instead of the crushed chile and sprinkling the top with some garlic powder (after realizing I forgot the garlic!j). Next time I think I'll add a second can of tomatoes or some frozen veggies. Very good. Thanks for sharing!
Very good, and easy to make. the only thing is that i accidentally added twice as much crushed chiiles, but I think the extra spice gave it a nice kick, and i did add two cups of cheese instead of 1 1/2 cups because I used the pre-shredded mexican four-cheese blend. Thanks for the recipe Sam#3!
This is good stuff! I love the kick that the crushed red pepper gives it. I made just as directed (okay maybe I added just a teensy bit more cheese) and we loved it!