Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious meat-free dinner. Its the only way I can get my kids to eat spinach! Sometimes, to please hubby, I'l add cooked chicken or Italian sausage.
- 1 lb short tubular pasta (ziti, rigatoni, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions for al dente, or just barely tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the 2/3 c. parmesan cheese and all the other sauce ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Drain the pasta, toss it with the sauce, and turn it into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbs of parmesan over the top, and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
Very filling and easy to make. I think it would be really good with Ilalian sausage like the description mentions. Next time I'll use only one package of frozen spinach and a little less pepper. Thanks for sharing!
This is really good! I only used one package of frozen spinach and it was plenty for us. This is definately a keeper! Thanks for the new recipe!
We really enjoyed this. It's definitely worth 5 stars in my book, if only because my spinach-hating son asked for seconds! This is nothing short of a miracle! Plus it's an extremely easy recipe to make. Thanks Elissa.