1/2 Photos of Pasta and Smoked Sausage Picnic Salad
Perfect as a picnic side dish or a light meal.
My Private Note
to 8 se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces smoked cooked sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and mashed
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta, 2 1/4 cups
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion, with green tops
- 2 large medium red ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot, 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- additional fresh basil (to garnish)
- 1Bring pan with 2 to 3 inches of water to a boil.
- 2Turn heat off and add sausage.
- 3Immediately cover pan and let sausage stand 15 minutes.
- 4Remove sausage to a plate and let cool in the refrigerator.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette dressing by mixing dry mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- 6Slowly whip in olive oil to form an emulsion.
- 7Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 9Place in large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing.
- 10When cool, slice sausage into thin 1/4-inch slices.
- 11Remove garlic clove from vinaigrette dressing.
- 12Add sausage, peas, onion, tomatoes, carrots, 1/4 cup basil and remaining vinaigrette to the pasta.
- 13Sprinkle top with cheese. Garnish with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta and Smoked Sausage Picnic Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar