Recipe by kzbhansen
This is a good recipe I love garlic!! I put in the recipe for pesto but you could use store bought. I have added chicken to this recipe and increased the pesto to coat and made this a main meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled, and chopped coarsly
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all pesto ingredients except the oil in a food processor and process well. With the machine still running, add oil and blend until the consistency of soft butter.
- In covered saucepan, cook beans in salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the instructions on the pasta package. Drain pasta.
- Drain the potatoe/Green bean mixture reserving 2-3 T. of the liquid.
- Add the liquid to the pesto and toss with butter.
- Combine pesto, vegetables and pasta and toss until well coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated Parmesan Cheese.