Recipe by ellie_
A great weeknight supper that is on the table fairly quickly. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (April 2005)
Top Review by jovigirl
I really enjoyed this. I didn't use mint (personal preference) and added some heavy cream and about a cup of mozzarella cheese to it to make it a bit thicker. It was really good with those additions! Thanks!!
- 16 ounces small shell pasta (or other pasta)
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped (I used the peppered bacon)
- 2 -4 shallots, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed and cut in half (or snow peas)
- 4 cups spinach, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup mint, sliced (or use about 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving one cup of cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, saute bacon in a large skillet over med high heat until crisp (5 minutes). Transfer bacon to paper towels and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add shallots to skillet, cooking until golden brown (5 minutes).
- Add snap peas (or snow peas) to skillet, stirring for one minute or until crisp tender.
- Add spinach and thawed peas and cook one more minute. Remove from heat.
- Add pea mixture, bacon, mint and cooking liquid to pasta. Toss.
- Stir in one cup of cheese. Toss.