Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect summer recipe from Redbook. I used red-leaf lettuce instead and dried basil. I am weight weary, so I used fat-free mozzarella. Light and sophisticated. Add in chicken for a full meal.
- 3 cups pasta
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced basil
- 4 cups mesclun
- cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- pulse together red peppers, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper in a food processor until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in pasta, mozzarella and basil.
- Just before serving, stir in greens.