Recipe by PSU Lioness
This tastes just like the canned version, but with more control over ingredients you can be sure of what your child is eating. Make a doubled batch and freeze to have on-hand for lunch when the kids are home for the summer. Best thing is that each serving costs around $0.60! Recipe is from Disney's Family Food website.
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-sodium tomato soup, condensed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Set slice of bread in a medium bowl and pour milk over it to soften. Add ground meat, salt and egg and combine well.
- Form meat mixture into small meatballs - about 1/2 teaspoon each. Drop into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well. Set aside with meatballs.
- Combine soup, water and Parmesan and heat through. Add pasta and meatballs and serve.