Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy "crab" salad. Great for warm weather. Chill time is 2-3 hours.
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Prepare tortellini according to the package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooled tortellini, imitation crabmeat, bell pepper, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir gently to mix well; add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Add in the cream; stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
My husband and I went to a retirement luncheon for his uncle. I brought this salad as our contribution. It was so easy to make and had plenty of color, texture and great flavor. I recommend keeping it in the refrigerator because it tastes best to me when it is ice-cold. Thanks for sharing another great recipe.
This salad was so easy to make and delicious! I added some celery seed and a little garlic salt to the recipe and it came out wonderful. Thank you for an easy and tasty salad to bring to any gathering!