Recipe by Mercy
Combining the woodsy rosemary, the smoky ham, the hoppy lager and the sweet peas and eggplant sounds sensational!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces smoked ham, cubed
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or l/2 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb large tubular pasta (such as penne, cooked according to the directions on the package)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Put in the eggplant, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until it becomes soft.
- Stir in the ham, and fry 2 minutes.
- Add the lager and rosemary, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the liquid by half.
- Put in the peas, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce, and cook for 30 seconds to heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan cheese, and serve.