Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living and their lunchbox special. NOTE - this dish can be made the night before and kept in an airtight container ready to go.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was a good mix of pantry staples and fresh salad veg that we always have on hand. It makes a huge mixture and the tablespoon of (my home made basil and tomato) pesto wasn't enough to flavour the dish in my opinion. A big squeeze of lemon juice seemed to lift it amazingly and I recommend it if you try making this.
- 25 g pasta (dried 1/2 cup)
- 125 g chickpeas (rinsced and drained)
- 125 g corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (small chopped)
- 1⁄4 red capsicum (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (tomato)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped fresh)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a small saucepan of boiling water following the packet directions and then drain and rinse under cold water and then drain well and transfer to an airtight container.
- Add chickpeas, corn, cucumber, capsicum, pesto and parsley to the pasta and season with pepper and toss the combine.