Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, cut into 1/4 by 2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- When the pasta has 4 minutes left to cook, add the zucchini to the pot.
- Before draining the pasta, scoop out and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil on a plate.
- Dredge the chicken thoroughly in the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add the chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese to the cooked pasta and toss thoroughly.
- Add the reserved cooking water, chicken, cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and toss thoroughly again.
- Serve immediately.