Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A collected recipe but not yet tried.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, slice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups small shell spinach pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Saute carrots and onions for 5 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cauliflower and water; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, shells, basil and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 12-16 minutes, or until shells are tender.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and pepper.
Great diet recipe! One of my favorites. I add a dash of red pepper flakes to the saute to give it a little extra flavor. Also I use plain small pasta shells and when they're tender I remove it from heat and a few handfuls of fresh chopped baby spinach. Don't typically have romano cheese on hand, so I sprinkle it with grated parmesan before eating. Love to make it ahead on the weekend and then eat it for lunch all week. Make it easy not to cheat on my diet!