By The Lake's Note:
I got this recipe from the "Shut up and Mangia" website. ZAAR is my favorite website to save all my recipes to. The author writes: "One of my old family recipes is this mostaccioli and cauliflower dish. My Grandmother made this dish for almost every occasion. It's different and delicious. I never ate ham when I was younger, so when I went to my grams house she alway made sure that I something other than the ham to eat. I'm the only one who still makes it. But, as soon as my cousins in California and New Mexico find out I have the recipe I'm sure they'll try to make it themselves. This combination can be made two ways. You could mix the ingredients to be very thick and creamy with no trace of cauliflower or you can mix it and leave larger pieces of cauliflower. Which ever way you decide to make it I can assure you it's a very filling dish. I make this recipe at least once every two weeks. The kids are just starting to enjoy it but I'm sure they will be making it for their children in the future."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil cut up pieces of cauliflower in 6 quarts of water until tender.
- 2Saute long green onions, garlic and about a half a cup of bread crumbs in one stick of butter for about 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are slightly brown.
- 3With a slotted spoon remove cauliflower and add to the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Stir adding remaining butter and bread crumbs.
- 5Cook the pasta in the cauliflower water until done. Around 10 minutes.
- 6Add around a cup of cauliflower water to the breadcrumb mixture to moisten.
- 7Mix the mostaccioli and cauliflower together .
- 8Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you ready to serve.
- 9Not a good time to diet if you make this dish.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta and Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.5
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 798.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g