Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta and browned butter...AWESOME!
Make and share this Pasta and Burnt Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (wide noodles, Penne, Linguini, Fuselli)
- water for boiling pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano, etc)
- 1 few sprigs of finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Fill a large pot with plenty of cold water, about 3/4 capacity and bring to a boil over high heat. When at a boil, add in the pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Stir pasta continuously until the water returns to a boil. Boil pasta according to packaging, or your preference, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta well in colander. Wipe the pot dry with a paper towel and then add in the butter. Melt the butter over high heat until frothy, and until its color has turned to an amber golden brown color, but not dark brown or black.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the drained pasta, and then quickly toss it well, as to prevent the pasta from sticking to the pot, coating pasta evenly with butter. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, crushed basil, oregano and grated cheese of choice. Add salt and pepper according to taste and toss well again.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley (optional) and serve.
My husband declared this a keeper. I chose a wide egg noodle. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)