- 1 cup uncooked penne or 1 cup fusilli or 1 cup ziti pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook until both pasta and broccoli are tender, about 5 minutes (this may vary depending upon the pasta used).
- Drain; rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, Parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or to taste.
- Add olive oil, and toss.
- If desired, squeeze a lemon wedge over salad just before eating.