Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Everyday Food March/April 2003
Make and share this Pasta and Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked penne or 1 cup fusilli or 1 cup ziti pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook until both pasta and broccoli are tender, about 5 minutes (this may vary depending upon the pasta used).
- Drain; rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, Parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or to taste.
- Add olive oil, and toss.
- If desired, squeeze a lemon wedge over salad just before eating.
eh. This was OK, pretty bland. Olives would have helped.
Delicious. I served it warm and added basil and toasted pine nuts. I won't change another thing next time.