Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
1st Place winner OZARK EMPIRE FAIR Black Walnut Cooking Contest
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 1 cup green seedless grape, cut into halves
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup black walnut
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and cool. In a small bowl, blend yogurt, honey and orange juice concentrate. In a large bowl, combine pasta, and remaining ingredients, except mandarin oranges. Add yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Add mandarin oranges and gently toss again. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Very different and tasty pasta salad! Nice combination of fruits that were great with the walnuts too. I thought it needed salt so added some to my serving and that made it great for me. DH put pepper on his and liked that too. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Refreshing and very unique! This would be great for a pool party, summer buffet or even a brunch side dish. I used Fanciful Fruit pasta which is available at the Downtown Orlando Farmer's Market or at www.pappardellesonline.com. I only had a 6 oz. container of yogurt on hand but that was perfect to coat everything. Next time I may try using a flavored yogurt instead of flavoring it with the orange juice concentrate.