Recipe by MizzNezz
A simple yet lively tasting meatless, weeknight supper.
Top Review by ellie_
Simple delicious pasta dish that was on the table in under 30 minutes! Clean-up was also a breeze. The kids also loved it and no one complained about there not being any meat! And there is enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow. Wow! another winner recipe that we will be having often. The only subsitutions I made in the is recipe is that I used low-sodium products and since I didn't have any Italian seasoning I used the same amount of oregano instead.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked pasta, i like penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to pkg instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in lg skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook 3 minutes.
- Put drained pasta on serving plates.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and olives.