Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple yet lively tasting meatless, weeknight supper.
Make and share this Pasta And Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked pasta, i like penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Cook pasta according to pkg instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in lg skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook 3 minutes.
- Put drained pasta on serving plates.
- Top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and olives.
Simple delicious pasta dish that was on the table in under 30 minutes! Clean-up was also a breeze. The kids also loved it and no one complained about there not being any meat! And there is enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow. Wow! another winner recipe that we will be having often. The only subsitutions I made in the is recipe is that I used low-sodium products and since I didn't have any Italian seasoning I used the same amount of oregano instead.
I love meatless pasta dishes and this one was fabulous. Very simple to make and totally carbo-licious. I used garbanzos because that is what I had. Next time will try with kidney beans. Pleasantly seasoned and my meat-lover husband even liked it. Thank-you MizzNezz.
So wonderful! I followed the recipe to the letter except significantly increasing the garlic, adding some crushed red pepper and using garbanzo's. 3 & 5 year old loved...as did I! I only added a small bit of spinach to the main dish and put most of it in my own bowl and then tossed with the hot pasta and sauce to wilt it to ensure the kids would eat it. SO good! The kids were fighting for the feta chunks. Who knew?