Recipe by Kree
This looks easy and very comforting on a cold Winter night. I'm storing it here to try ASAP!
Top Review by recipecrayzee
This soup is delicious. I used all canned ingredients,subbed the beans used in the original recipe for pinto beans and added 1/2 lb of ground turkey, was simple and wonderful!
- 4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup rotini pasta
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (half a pack)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth, carrots and celery in a large Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle dried herbs, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree or mash 1/2 of the white beans in a small bowl.
- Add the mashed beans, the remaining beans and the chopped tomatoes to the broth and stir well.
- Add pasta and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Ladle into 6 bowls.
- Garnish with ground black pepper.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.