Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This looks easy and very comforting on a cold Winter night. I'm storing it here to try ASAP!
Make and share this Pasta and Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup rotini pasta
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (half a pack)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat broth, carrots and celery in a large Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle dried herbs, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree or mash 1/2 of the white beans in a small bowl.
- Add the mashed beans, the remaining beans and the chopped tomatoes to the broth and stir well.
- Add pasta and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Ladle into 6 bowls.
- Garnish with ground black pepper.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
This soup is delicious. I used all canned ingredients,subbed the beans used in the original recipe for pinto beans and added 1/2 lb of ground turkey, was simple and wonderful!
Changed the method slightly by sauteeing in a little olive oil, the carrots, celery and very small finely chopped onion, which I added for flavor. Then added broth and proceeded with recipe as written, using the Italian seasoning instead of the oregano. This is delicious and much needed on this very snowy day. Thanks, Kree.