This looks easy and very comforting on a cold Winter night. I'm storing it here to try ASAP!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup rotini pasta
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (half a pack)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat broth, carrots and celery in a large Dutch oven.
- 2Sprinkle dried herbs, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Puree or mash 1/2 of the white beans in a small bowl.
- 4Add the mashed beans, the remaining beans and the chopped tomatoes to the broth and stir well.
- 5Add pasta and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- 7Ladle into 6 bowls.
- 8Garnish with ground black pepper.
- 9Serve with warm crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth